Thursday, February 28, 2013

Portrait Series

 
 

Danielle Oporto ©



I took these pictures not knowing how they would all come out.  I actually took about 100 photos and choose these because they all seemed to blend really well.  My brother is exactly the way you see him here he is funny and outgoing, plus a bundle of joy.  I took a blanket and laid it on the floor, told him to lay down flat and make faces.  The lighting in the room was bright but I like how my camera took them kind of dark.  It was interesting to see how all of them came out.



 




1 comment:

  1. I really like this picture because it has a very fun, lighthearted vibe to it. The dark green blanket is a good background for the subject of the picture, and I think the fact that his shirt is green as well helps keep the attention on him rather than other parts of the photo. The background is dark but the lighting is good so his face is very clear in all the images. I think it is a simple series, but it works because it says that this is the fun of a little kid.
    I think the blending of the images was done well, but the subject should look even in each part of the image. The boy’s arm is partly cropped out in the first image, so that he is not exactly centered and I think that would have worked better for this arrangement. Also, the boy is shot from farther away in the last image, which doesn’t match the others. I think that with the repetition of the scene, there should have been repetition in the distance and centering of each shot taken. Ultimately, I think it’s a really fun series, but it could have been shot more consistently similar to look cleaner.

    ReplyDelete